|Managers, staff and others working in strong static magnetic fields||Due to the very specialist nature of this hazard no specific training is defined.|
STFC BiteSize training course is available for this SHE code.
| || |
Familiarisation with this code, through the code launch presentation,
BiteSize training course and the risk assessments and local procedures for the safe operation of equipment established for working in areas where strong static magnetic fields exist.
Staff likely to be exposed to risks identified in the risk assessment should receive information or training, which should include:
- the measures taken to eliminate or reduce risks
- the concepts and values of the action levels and exposure limit values and the possible risks associated with them
- the possible indirect effects of exposure
- the results of the most recent exposure assessment
- how to detect and report sensory and health effects
- the circumstances under which employees are entitled to medical examination and health surveillance
- safe working practices
- any additional measures required for employees at particular risk
The following on-line video gives background to the hazards associated with strong static magnetic fields:
Specialist and bespoke courses have previously been provided by PHE.